Very limited amount of Elk and Mule Deer hunts (DIY) in Colorado at the amazing “Lodge at Spruce Creek”, a 5-star lodge.
(click images below to enlarge)
(click images above to enlarge)
Colorado Private Land hunting
Our Colorado Ranch offers the Do It Yourself hunter a great and rare opportunity to hunt private land with great access to BLM and National Forest through our land. The private land makes it very difficult for outside hunters to gain access to these lands. We do not do any guiding.
Our hunts are in unit 42 of Colorado. ALL Mule deer tags in Colorado are a DRAW HUNT. You can usually draw this unit for mule deer, but its not guaranteed. Elk tags can be over the counter, however muzzle loader elk, and rifle first season are draw hunts for elk. All our hunts are for either species or combo. You can hunt one or both for the same price.
We offer an amazing 5 star lodge, all food and non-alcoholic beverages provided. Our food is fantastic and we will cater to your dietary needs. Our lodge is unlike any other place you have had the pleasure of staying in. You will honestly be so comfortable some days you will have to force yourself to go hunting instead of relaxing in the lodge. We have 4 private individual bedrooms, TVs in the lodge, a bar where you can bring your own beverages to drink at the 5 o’clock saloon, Wi-Fi and anything else you can imagine.
Our property has over 1000+ private acres in the beautiful area of Rifle, Colorado. The property is 15 minutes out of Rifle, CO. We are one hour east of Grand Junction and 3 hours west of Denver. The property is mountain timber, juniper / cedar thickets, and agricultural fields. The mature bulls range from 220-310+. The applications are due in April, please check to make sure so you can apply for the appropriate tags.
- The elk hunts are mostly spot and stalk and some calling depending on area. We know the land well enough to give you good information on their travel routes and places to best hunt them. You can expect to see ranges from 230-320+. These are the caliber of elk you can expect to harvest.
- All archery elk hunts are for 6 nights / 7 days. You can arrive any time after 10:00 A.M on the day of the hunt and hunt that evening; you will hunt 5 full days, and hunt on the morning you leave. We ask that you try to be out of the house by 4:00 P.M on the afternoon of your departure. To ensure our next Guests a clean and presentable staying quarters.
- Some elk tags are over the counter and some are draws. Please inquire so we can help you
- >>>1st season:
MULE DEER HUNTS
The deer hunts are mostly spot and stalk and some sitting over fields and travel routes. We know the land well enough to give you good information on their travel routes and places to best hunt them. You can expect to see ranges from 140-180+. These are the caliber of deer you can expect to harvest
- >>>1st season:
M2D CAMO COLORADO PROPERTIES
• All hunting is DIY (do it yourself). We do not guide.
• Hunting will be done on our private properties and surrounding BLM and Forest Land.
• Your hunting can be spot and stalk, stands, blinds, calling, or however you choose to hunt.
• You are responsible for having the proper tags, taking care of your animal after harvest, and anything else to do with the processing of your harvested animal.
• IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to check the regulations and rules of our units. The unit is 42 and is a multi unit tag using with 421, 42 and 41.
• We do not provide transportation on the ranch
• We do not provide tags, licenses, or taxidermy work. Your license and tags must be on your person at all times, and you are responsible for purchasing them before the hunt begins.
OUR GUARANTEE TO YOU: These hunts will all be conducted on private lands. We do not guarantee our hunts. We cannot control the weather, the animals, the rut, or any other thing Mother Nature can do to change our conditions. We do promise that our property and bordering lands do hold the animals you are after. Our continued client success and business relies on us making sure you have a good experience and opportunities at the animals you are after. We are 100% Fair Chase!
• All prices are per person and subject to change without notice.
• A 3.9% Colorado Sales Tax will be added to the hunt price
• Deposits are non-refundable, but can be transferred to a future hunt date if needed, 50% down, and 50% due 60 days prior to hunt date.
• Additional days may possibly be added if available. This is completely based on availability.
• Hunts booked after June 1 must be paid in full
• There is great fishing on the local Colorado River. We do not guide or fish with you.
• 1 Non-hunting guests per room is included in your price (IE. Wife, Girlfriend) Non-hunting children may stay for free in parents room.
• We are not responsible for your children if and when you are away from lodge.
• Lodge is not baby proof, but children are of course always welcome.
• Pets are not allowed due to the wildlife and our working cattle ranch.
Colorado State License and Tag Fees Prices: (Approx and subject to change)
License: $ 10 Habitat Stamp
Elk tag $ 601 Bull
Elk tag $ 454 Cow
Deer tag $ 361
Fishing is included with all big game tags
If you choose to pay for your hunt with a Credit Card, there is a 3% Charge to the cost of your hunt.